02 June 2011

Naked Flame (Jerod's Second Tale - Part 6)

(Optional background music)


I decided it was time to go back to the markets. It should be safer, without Kane, Pesce won't find it so easy to remove me from the scene. If she identifies me at all that is.

"So tell me about the local specialties. I'm interested in trying some new food."

"We have shawarma and falafel. They are quite popular with the tourists from base camp. Shawarma is our version of a meat sandwich. Falafel are ground chickpeas, cooked and served with local ingredients."

"Well, I think I might like to try some falafel. It sounds good."



"An excellent choice, dear sir.  You should find the dish quite delightful."

The food merchant glanced around at the tables and moaned. "Oh god, she's back."

"What?"

"That witch from base camp. She's been coming for lunch every day and she argues with anyone who gets close."

"That's a problem?"

"I had staff last week. They are all staying home this week and I don't think they'll be back until the witch is gone."

"No problem, I'll deliver her meal."

"Sir, that would be so kind." He shoved a plate in my hand. "She always orders the same thing. Hurry, she hates to wait."

I'll deliver her meal after I dose her food quickly and quietly with a bit of sleeping powder. It was tucked away in a small pocket. This getup has a ton of pockets, I carry a small arsenal and no one notices.

"You there, where's my lunch, you slow bastard!"

I delivered the plate and Sophie started chowing down immediately. Fortunately she was so focused on the plate that she didn't even glance at me.

Of course, the food at camp is cold or primitive but you'd think she had no food for a week.

Excellent, she ate it all. It won't be long now.  I love it when an evil plan comes together. It won't matter in the least if she recognises me now.

"What are you doing back there ...wait, Shrimpton?'

"Yes?"

"What the fucking hell? What did you do?"

"Just returning the favor, sweety. You drug my drink, I drug your food."

"I feel so."

"Sick? Sleepy? Angry?"

She didn't get a chance to answer. Pesce hit the ground before she could say another word. She was out cold and should stay that way for hours.

"That woman fainted. I'll take her back to camp. If she happens to wake up, her wrath can fall on me."

"Sir, you are both brave and kind. If she wakes, she will be in a foul mood indeed."

It took some effort on my part to get her back to camp. I wish I had a brawn working with me, or just someone else to help haul a limp body around.

I went past a few locals. They took one look at my burden and backed off quickly. I think they are have been subjected to Pesces foul temper and worse language.

Back at camp, I found some old planking. It looked as though it might once have belonged to an old river barge. I dragged it to the edge of the water, then dragged Pesce on the makeshift raft.

It took some effort, but soon enough, I pushed her out on the river. The raft drifted right into a congregation of crocodiles. It wasn't long before a couple of the animals tried to climb on the raft.

It flipped over with their weight, leaving Pesce in the water, exposed to the beasts. I don't think she woke before they had her.

I waited. The river turned red and there was no sign of any human swimming. I believe that the crocodiles were very hungry. Kane will eventually return to his home, wherever that might be. Pesce is gone forever and good riddance to her.

I think Tania is a bad influence. I do feel some regret this was necessary. However, I'd do it again in a heartbeat if that's what it takes to keep me and mine safe.

I could finally safely make contact with the Company supplier. He deals with all sorts of special supplies. Mostly stuff for the tomb hunters but there are some less legal goods he barters.

"So, I was sent here to reestablish our supplies."

"Yes Mr Shrimpton, we were told to negotiate through you and only you." By Pesce and only because they thought the Company had me killed when I quit.

"Well now that I'm here, what do we need to discuss?"

"Come to my place. We can settle the details there."

Several cups of hot tea, and much discussion later and we had a new deal. I tried to push for something better than the Company had before, but frankly, I am not a business man. The main thing was that the Company would be getting the supplies they need and I can go home.

Well, I can go home after taking some me time tomorrow. This has been a very intense trip so far. It will be good to explore a bit for fun before I go home.

25 comments:

  1. Ah death by crocodile very Dr Evil! I loved the added bonus of the sound track too it reminded me of the Soprano's :)

    Yey Shrimp he can go back home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hard can it be to identify Shrimp? He's the only redheaded man in Egypt ;) Though I I'm sure disguise is more about demeanor than appearance most of the time. If Jared doesn't want to be found, I'm sure he won't be. Besides, if he's posing as a waiter or something evil!Sophie wouldn't look twice at him- he's beneath her and all.

    That sounds like Sophie, she always did like food. I would have expected him just to slip some poison in her food, though that wouldn't have been as much fun. And much less poetic! She definitely got what this Sophie deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. angiebeno - death by crocodile - you aren't going to see that in Sims stories too often. :) Glad you like the track too.

    Shrimp is going to be so happy to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amelia - well, there could be another red head tourist around. But the food delivery was safe enough since Sophie wouldn't be the type to notice the waiter. And he was trying to imitate the style of the natives - up to the point where she finished the food. That was evil laugh time. :)

    So you had a Sim pop up in another story in a totally different kind of role - and die for it. How did you like the experience? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun! I liked seeing what Sophie could achieve if she gave in to that evil streak ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's very different to have your Sim appear in a completely new way. She should have picked something more guaranteed then sealing Jerod into a tomb though. :)

    Sophie was evil and mean spirited - it was the mean that caused her to argue every chance she got. And in the end, it was the mean streak that made the locals hate her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was awesome! I love how these opportunities just fall into Shrimp's lap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - Felicia - you would think some god/goddess on high was helping Shrimp along there, wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohman--the Brawn definitely got off easy compared to the Brains... But I guess that makes sense; someone who's stupid likely isn't going to be able to get in your way again. XD

    Nice job trying to get it to look like Sophie was out on a raft. ;D Scary crocodiles, aaah!

    RIP, Sophie--and well... at the very least, she didn't have to suffer. Ish. >.> (Guess that depends on how potent that sleeping draft was.)

    Well, looks like Jerod's mission was a success! Hooray! The Company comes out on top--let's just hope that Jerod comes home a hero. XD I'll be interested to see if this is his End of doing dealings with the Company, or if it's rekindled his interest. Gonna have to wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, Brawn got off very easy. He'll eventually go home a bit worse for wear. That's the advantage of really being someone just following orders - not dangerous enough to worry too much.

    Not the worlds most convincing Photoshop job - getting the 'raft' and Sophie on the water next to the crocs.

    BTW - I did check and Nile crocodiles are one of the species known to kill humans. A group like that do rip prey to bits.

    Let's just assume that the sleeping potion did the job cause that was gruesome enough without her waking up. ...

    Yep, Jerod has finished his mission and can finally go home.

    And this group can finally stop their Groundhog Day experience of living this one holiday day over and over (at least 4 times so far.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooo, Shrimp took care of business! :D Now that Travis and Sophie are out of the way, I wonder what he'll spend the rest of his vacation time doing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks cheezy!

    He didn't really get to do a lot more - but that's ok. He's happy and home again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved it. I was like I know that band. :) You now have me listening to them.

    Croc death is a great way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Rae, I love Cruel Sea - this story - all the titles are Cruel Sea songs.

    I think it wins an award for being very different. I don't think I've heard of Sims dying by croc before this (I am so seriously warped.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Warped is good, PiB. Some of the best visionaries are warped. Plus, it makes the game way more fun. >:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, Jerod does not mess around. Death by croc = awesome. Your writing just gets better and better.

    PiB, would you please add my email to the notifications?

    And warped isn't just good, it's GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chrysame!

    Yeah, Jerod doesn't want to ever have to worry about Sophie again. Period. And death by crocodile, well, if they find her, it would be hard to prove it was murder. It will look like a careless tourist.

    Look for incoming email with questions. :)

    Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes, I get weird coincidences and odd events in this game.

    In the background of this story - Dark Travis has a girlfriend - Jade Greenwood. Which is interesting given the original Travis is married to the same Jade and they have three kids.

    And I think I have a sudden choice. Cause my camera just popped over to their home, where Jade is on fire. It looks likely that if I don't intervene, she is going to die.

    Decisions decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What did you do or not do, PiB?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ignored it, Tania was due to pop out a baby too soon to change households. I peeked a couple of minutes later and the fireman had made it in time. Travis did not go home to a pile of soot.

    There were about 3 popups later about Jade learning inventing and Jade increasing her handiness. I think her inventing is what set her on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are the mods working? Which ones did you download? I've downloaded a few (haven't played yet...but got to do some setup work) but I didn't grab Dresser. It looked like it was having problems.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm still on Late Night - I have a few more things I want to do before I update and install. I will replace everything I have that Twallan updated for safety's sake.

    The Dresser I do have is a bit interesting. It claims to remove invalid parts but it can also assign random accessories - which for males can include facial hair. Ollie Mayweather and the style beard Dresser gave him were not a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I disabled the random beards on dresser. I hate the random hats nearly as much. Hats that make no sense for the sim just pop up so Emma Hatch is wearing a huge floppy dress hat. Emma, this is not the Kentucky Derby!

    I like the extra costume slots, though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa! :) Love the picture of Pesce in the water! Very cool!

    I'm glad that he's now able to go back, to his loving wife and his little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey MJ - The picture with Pesce on the water near the crocodiles == Photoshop. It took a few tries to get it anything like I wanted too. :) Glad you liked it.

    I have one other thing I have to get out but I'll be sure Shrimp gets home soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread