29 May 2011

Better get a lawyer son (Jerod's Second Tale - Part 5)

Music track for this episode

I know that Brains and Brawn still aren't getting along. You don't have to be even close to hear them shouting.

She keeps using him as a verbal punching bag. I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't made her into a physical one, yet. That gives him points for professional discipline.

As for me, I'm visiting the Hawas family. Nepthy is someone I know with a teenage daughter.

"Nepthy, might I borrow your lovely girl for a few hours?"



"Borrow? What do you mean?"

Ah, the locals speak Simlish so well, I forget that there may be some phrases they don't understand. "I mean I have a small job I'd like your daughter to help with."

"A job?"

"I need a teenager to help test someone."

"If Meret agrees to help you, I see no reason to refuse."

"Good day, Meret. I was wondering if you'd like to do me a favour and earn a little money?"

"What would this favour be?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just bat those pretty eyes of yours at someone in base camp."

"Is he big, strong, handsome?"

"He's certainly big and strong. You'll have to decide about the handsome when you see him."

"What exactly am I to do?"

"Pour out a few drinks. When he's had one or two, just flirt with him."

"Why?"

"We are looking for how suitable he is for a job coaching a high school team. If he responds to flirting by someone your age, he's not going to be suitable for the job."

"How will I recognise him?"

"Big guy, wears a lot of black." I pulled out one of my photos from the other day.  I showed her the picture. "This is him."

"Oh, he is handsome."

"Remember, you just flirt with him once. Let him take care of the rest. There will be people close if he tries anything at all."

While Meret went over to base camp, I took the precaution of getting Sophie out of the way.

"Miss Pesce?"

"We will offer you a thousand simoleons for a good photograph of a treasure chest."

"I understand that there should be some chests under the local graveyard. You should check it out soon."

She took the bait and left immediately.


Meret decided to accept my little proposal. She went straight to it when she arrived at camp.

First she mixed and poured some drinks.

Kane grabbed one so fast you would have thought he had been the one left in a tomb with no supplies.


Meret waited until Kane had downed one drink. Even a big guy should drink a bit slower then he did.

Of course, he doesn't know that Meret is using 110 proof alcohol as the base. I've decided a bit of extra proof when traveling might come in handy. It won't take long for that to kick him in the head.

"Well hello, big, strong and handsome."

"Well, darling, aren't you the cute one?"

"Why thank you, kind sir."

"Call me Travis. And you are Adorable, right?"

"No, I am Meret. I haven't met anyone named Adorable."

"I meant, oh just forget it. I was pretty bored with this place, it looks much more exciting with you, Meret."

"Exciting?"

"Well, a beautiful native to show me the sights, take me on tour, so to speak."

"Travis, there are many groups that tour the local sights."

"I didn't mean the tourist tours, Meret. I meant the special ones for couples."

"I don't think I understand."

"Oh, I'm sure you do." He lunged at her and pulled her into a hug.

"Let go of me!"

"What the hell are you talking about? We're just getting acquainted."

"Get your hands off."

"Look, it was only a hug. What's the deal?"

"I said NO!"

"You minx, you know you want to."

"Would some one help me?"

Amin was there and a witness to Meret's distress. "My child, what's wrong?"

"That man, that Travis. He's trying to force himself on me."

"Don't fret, Meret. Nothing will happen, I'll make sure of that."

Amin turned to Kane. "And what do you mean, forcing yourself on a 15 year old?"

"Oh shit. Fifteen? She looks much older."

"That is not an excuse. She is underage and she clearly told you no."

"God damn it, this isn't my doing. She started it."

"She is legally underage. You should have known."

"But I..."

"I'm afraid you will have to tell  the judge when he arrives."

"When?"

"We are a small community. One judge travels around to many such places. I believe he is due in three or four weeks. In the meantime, you will accompany me to the jail?"

"If I refuse?"

"You have no options. The airport won't let you fly out. The scooters you can borrow won't get you to another town. You could try hiding but the ancients have left many traps. Jail is much safer and more comfortable than a pyramid."

Kane continued to grumble, but he went quietly enough.

Excellent. That's one gone.

The local jail should prove to be quite the education for Kane. His people will probably eventually be able to get him out. Some well placed bribes should do the trick. When they find out where he is.

Now to turn my attention to the Pesce woman.

16 comments:

  1. Love it!
    You go Shrimp. Payback time has arrived.
    They'll learn not to mess around with *The Shrimp*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Pesce is in trouble and she doesn't even know it. Good thing Jerod and the locals are so friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pedophilia's one way to take care of your enemy! Still, that was a really dangerous situation to send that poor teenage girl into. I know she agreed, but man, her father is crazy for letting Jerod do that.

    Interested to see what Mr. Grant does to Sophie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone!

    @Dee, payback did arrive and no one should ever mess with Shrimp. :)

    @angiebeno - yep, half done.

    @chrysame - Ms Pesce is really in for it. She just doesn't know yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @amelia - well, it could have been but we had

    a) at basecamp - always plenty of people around
    b) daylight
    c) Amin and Jerod are just to the side waiting for Travis to make a move and
    d) Jerod knows Travis doesn't get violent too fast or he would have hit Sophie by now. She really does provoke him several times a day.

    As for Sophie...well, you'll have to see.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure he weighed his options- but fathers are hardly rational ;) I'm surprised that he was so willing, 'tis all! I'd never let my teenage daughter do any kind of favor for Jerod, let alone be man-bait. Nepthy must be pretty loyal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jerod will probably feel very different about such a request when Lana is a teen or nearly one. But at the moment, well, unwelcome attention to any female might have done but a teenager made it much more effective. And Jerod is an evil scheming b**tard after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, there's no denying it was a great plan, and it worked beautifully, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oy. XD Jerod sure has no morals! At least the girl knew what she was getting into, but using a kid for his plan is kind of low... But then, he is evil, eh? ;) Good thing the locals seem to trust him so much.

    And naturally, Travis fell for it like the dolt he is--good boy. XD Leaves the path open for Jerod to take care of Sophie--though if she's as smart as her file says, she may realize something is up... *chintap* Guess we'll have to see!

    Great post, PiB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Jerod has some morals. Just not many and they are easy to shove to the side when he feels the need.

    Do any 15 year old girls actually *think* they are kids? I didn't. :)

    Travis, dear sweet and easily manipulated Travis. He even looks kind of cute with those black locks.

    So Jerod has dealt with Brawn - now it's time for brain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's payback time! :D I'm glad that the girl refused him. :D Laugh at the Brains and Brawls. It's just so funny.

    I'm not fully agree with Jerod about his plan here, at least he should have been there and watched over Meret. Luckily, Amin was there. But, it seems that Meret also has a little attraction towards Travis :) "Oh, he is handsome." Can't blame Travis about this.

    Can't wait to see the next plan of our friend Jerod here.

    By the way, are you using Awesome mod? If you used it, then Travis will be hard to find a job. He would even have a new label on his forehead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great update, PiB!

    Jerod is a very interesting character. His plans are unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey MJ

    Jerod watched over Meret too, just a little further back. Meret is a flirty little teen, she didn't mind Travis at all. Still Travis is easy to lead astray.

    I don't use awesome mod - I have Twallan only at this point.

    Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved it. I have the music playing too. Great soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Rae,

    I was wondering if anyone had bothered listening - the titles from this series are all songs from a band "The Cruel Sea".

    Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread