09 July 2010

The Orphanage - Part 4

Sam must have seen the look in my eyes when he became a teenager.  The first thing he did was reassure me that he was still Blue.   He's so much bigger than me now.





He's been studying French and we are now Bleu, Blanche and Rouge.  Geography lessons have made him keen to try travel.  There are a few obstacles in his way. He has no money to travel, there is school and Miss Polly.  Our Bleu is determined and I suspect he'll find a way to do it someday. I can't imagine him failing at anything he really wants.

AJ loves exercise but we can't get out to the gym very often.

Me, I still don't know I might want to do.  It feels like it will be forever before I will finally grow up and leave here.  Sam says that it won't really be long till I get to teen.  My favourite hobby is fishing but I'm not sure if I can make much doing that.

AJ had her birthday too so now I'm the only child left in the place.
She decided that the style wasn't right for her and had a makeover.



I found out how the city pays Miss Polly.  She was on the computer answer her email and left without shutting the computer.  I had a peek, she was trying to get more money for the orphanage.  Apparently she has spend 10 years without any change in the amount the city pays.  It's 1,000 for each orphan that comes in.  It's 3,000 for each one of us that leaves either with a new family or old enough to live on our own.  No money at all if the orphan is *ever* brought in by the police or they don't survive to young adult. She is also limited to 6 orphans at a time.


Theodore was the first to leave the Orphanage since I arrived- he is now a young adult.  And Miss Polly arranged to bring a new child.

It was a girl, Harriet, I can finally definitely move to the boys room.  That will be nice to sleep with the guys.  Maybe, one of them snores, I hope it was Theo.

And like Sam promised, my birthday did arrive faster than I ever thought it could.
I didn't like the hair or the hand-me-downs

That feels better.




Just for Dee.
Sammy with long hair and jacket.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like I'll have to catch up with comments tomorrow (if any), it is ridiculously late here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks good with the new hair. Finally he is a teen, I wonder what he will experience in those age :). Looking forward to see the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy with long hair is just wrong.

    A.J. is a very pretty teen. I still have no idea what is going to happen. Miss Polly certainly doesn't get much money to take care of the kids. It seems criminal.

    Good for Sam letting Thomas know he was still their Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Harriet just a random CAS sim?

    Are you awake yet? No, not yet. Only around 5:30 am for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mj, thanks for stopping by.

    Chrysame, Sammy with long hair was totally wrong.

    AJ is a gorgeous teen. Miss Polly doesn't care much about the kids because of that low amount of money.

    Harriet was a random adoption. Miss Polly adopted her then I made her into a proper orphan by removing Polly from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you got rid of the long hair on Sam. Thomas didn't look half bad with the hair he grew into but he looks great with the new hair.

    Thomas has bedroom eyes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, long hair and Sam - just wrong.

    Thomas actually looked good with several of the hairstyles - including the one he's been stuck with as an adult forever. This is one of two I thought was particularly cute.

    His eyes are very captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad Thomas is the narrator in this story. I've always had a soft spot for him. I guess that's why he's the only sim I've used for both bachelorette challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realised that it was long since time that Thomas got his own story. He does have another very old saved game still but that one didn't make a blog.

    This has been odd in one respect. It's the first story that I know what will happen in every chapter. I've done a few storylines before but usually letting events help guide how it goes. This one has a set course, up to a certain point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the adult filter (consent) on this blog but nothing has happened to make it necessary. Yet.

    Are you enjoying using this style of storytelling for the blog? I imagine its a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to be so late. By the time you posted this morning I was on my way out the door. Tonight I had to test my game since I installed the patch. Everything is fine.
    I am so glad that they all managed to stay friends. So Theo is now gone. Good.
    I was wondering about the adult filter too.
    I am so glad you changed AJ. Sometimes the things they age into are just ridiculous.

    You know, Sammy doesn't look at all like Sammy in that last pic but he still looks good to me. He looks very Native American.

    Thomas looks good but it's hard for me to get used to them without face fuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just noticed in that pic where you have AJ dressed in black it looks like Thomas is saying, woah, look at you. She look good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) The adult filter is that the plan is for things to get steamy...but not for a couple more episodes. It would be rather unfair to post a story and add the filter when it's getting close to the end, in case someone doesn't want to agree to the content.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and AJ is one hot teen. She does look good.

    As for face fuzz, I agree but the teen version looks stupid. I never use it because I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AJ never did get very many downloads on the forum but at that time everyone wanted sims with cc. Well, they still do, but some have given up on cc and are looking for sims that don't have it. I have never been able to make myself delete her though.

    I have a feeling AJ is going to be right in the middle of that steaminess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never know what traits to give AJ. She's missing two in my bin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dee, that's part of the reason I have so few females on the exchange. They get no attention unless they have piles of CC and a custom pic. Guys can get attention without either.

    I have to confess, this AJ no longer loves the outdoors. Just in case any house acquires a sprinkler, she may not obsess over it. Instead she is an angler and just acquired the Charisma trait for her fourth. I may just do a random roll for number 5.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only gave her three Chrysame. I wanted to see what a sim would be like without all 5. I still haven't made a sim with only one like I planned. You give her any you want to.

    Pib, I am so glad you got rid of that loves the outdoors. I love the trait but AJ takes it to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread