16 February 2011

Journey Of The Sorcerer (Jerod's First Tale - Part 1)

I'm Jerod, but you can call me Shrimp. An uncle of mine gave me that name when I really was quite small and it's stuck. I've just moved to Twinbrook, it strikes me as a good place to be the big fish in a small town. I ditched the family and all family ties. I don't want to hear from them and I'm sure they do not want to hear from me. You've heard that every family has a black sheep? Well, that would be me. I have plans - rule the world type plans. Well, probably just the town but that should be enough to keep me in the lifestyle I want to be accustomed to.

I've also been thinking, it can't be easy to make those plans work or we'd have an evil emperor already. I need to develop a cover persona, someone that no one suspects of evil. Kind of like those idiot do-gooders and their tendency to have some alternate that is just a normal guy/girl.

So step one of my cover is the new roommate. Meet Tania Kennedy. She's cute, which is a bonus for me, and she is good. Like contribute money to the "Save the llama" foundation good. That makes me more than a bit sick actually. But who will suspect me of doing bad if I'm living with Miss Goody Goody here? As long as she doesn't suspect, it will be the perfect cover.

Miss Goody Goody wants to be a musician. That suits me fine, another part of my cover is being part of a band. Explains late nights, some destructive behaviour, hanging out in the local dives. First I will have to learn to play an instrument, but how hard could it be?

I had to get some contractors in. We just had a lot, no house. Now we have a house but no money. Bummer. I have my side of the house, she has her side. We have to share the kitchen but that seems quite reasonable. Plenty of room for more stuff. When we can afford it.

It's not an evil lair, no excessive amounts of black, spiders, skeletons or anything else. I'd like an evil lair, but that's just going to have to wait till I have control of this town. When everyone does know who I am and what I am but they dare not touch me.

Even an evil emperor has to eat. Since we can't afford to go out, well, cooking is a useful skill.

Yeah, I do like Lord Sponge. If I had the cash, I'd have the complete collection already. Bite me if you don't like it. Be warned, I bite back, hard.

I even made enough for Tania. Can't have Miss Goody thinking I'm selfish or anything. Not yet, it's way too early to show my colours.

"Shrimpy?"

"Shrimp, not Shrimpy."

"Ok, Shrimp. What job did you get?"

"I'm one of the go-fer guys at the local warehouse."

"Go-fer?"

"Go-fer coffee, go-fer lunch, go-fer whatever the bosses need."

"I got a great job at the theatre."

"What, usher?"

"Well, not quite usher but something similar."

Damn, had to pay some bills. Even more money gone. This is going to be bad.

Why the hell didn't I grab more of the family excess stuff before I left? Mum and Dad had more stuff then they knew what to do with anyway.

Oh, right, I wanted to prove to that I don't need anyone's help to get by. That was idiotic and way too proud. Too late now though.

For now, let's put on the show. Lucky for me, the Red Rendezvous has added a place for open mic night upstairs. All the instruments we need for a band. I've decided to try drumming. Laying down the beat just feels right.

After some drum practice, I spent the rest of the evening partying. I had a great time on the dance floor.

And of course I spent what little I could on some drinks. Good thing the drums and dance floor are free because that's about all I can afford.

She came home with the good news that she's been promoted. I'm pleased for both of us.

"It's so exciting. I'll be a roadie for one of the biggest Sim bands ever."

"Tania, speaking of bands, how would you like to form one with me?"

"You? You play?"

"Drums. Not the best by a long shot but hey, you have to start somewhere."

"I think that's a great idea that we form band. We'll be famous in no time."

Looking at Tania, I had just one thought.

All part of my cover story. Plus, she is damned cute.

Sometimes I like to take cover very literally too.

Well, that's one notch for the belt. The first of many, I'm sure.

"Hey, Tania. How about we hit the gym today?"

"Gym?"

"Sure, it will be great. Need to stay in shape for our future fans." And my future career but why ruin the moment?

Working out is good.

Falling over while working out? Not so good. Bruised shins and very bruised pride but I'll live.

21 comments:

  1. For the record Jerod is Jerod Grant - Phillip's nephew in World Adventures with the Grant Family. Tania Kennedy is one of the twin daughters from Travis Kane and Cassidy Fail from the Hi Mum, it's Sammy story.

    No one else has been introduced to the neighbourhood yet. But it's early days yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! Good and Evil in one house. At the first time I saw him World Adventures of Grant Family, he immediately caught my eyes. Can't wait to see how he's going to rule the world. His character and the way he talked really identified him as a rebel and the future of evil emperor. Great update, PiB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MJ. Evil vs good, could be entertaining. Who will subvert who?

    Shrimp is too cute to leave languishing forever because he was born to the wrong part of the family. And I rather thought Tania needed to have a bit of time in the spotlight.

    Glad you enjoyed it. BTW this isn't one of the blogs you wanted emailed. It will be one of the more active ones while this story is in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was checking my emails and found that I haven't received this. I haven't asked this one to be listed. You can add me in the list. I'd love to read more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem. The next episode will be in your inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I had a feeling the Shrimp was going to be involved. Funny, that he appears here only to be appearing soon in my own story. ;) Your redheads are popping up remarkably close to mine, eh?

    One look at Tania and I knew she was Meredith offspring of some kind, but aye, now I remember where she's from. She's a cutie. :)

    And they sure wasted no time 'getting to know each other'! Just what I'd expect from him, honestly. I hope I can do his personality justice in my story, hehe.

    Though, I've veddy veddy curious where this is headed. The title is very mysterious, and leaves me wanting to know more, more! Can't wait for more, either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kaleeko, I was hoping you weren't going to be too peeved that I posted Shrimp up first since I have known he would appear in this season of DS before you started the season. :) That Johnny talked to Thomas in my blog a few days before Naomi talked to Thomas in yours was amazing synchronicity in action.

    Tania is very cute and she happened to be good to Shrimp's evil. So she got to be in a blog story.

    Evil is seducing good but will good triumph in the end? Shrimp will be having much fun at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm! It'll be interesting to see that play out.. *cheers for Tania*

    And no, I'm not peeved. If anything, your Shrimp should appear first since he is your Sim.

    I haven't even had a chance to get in game and take screenshots for my next post. Woe is me. ;d

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shrimp won't go good easily but I wouldn't expect Tania to change to lovin' evil easily either.

    When they are born-in-game but outside the main family, they don't feel so much like my sim. Though Shrimp was born in the house while Phillip was still a teen himself - to Katie and Eric while I did still control them. :)

    Go forth and get some screenies. We needs updates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to feel pretty attached to any Sim born in my hood--like, I'm pretty attached to Naomi--but they have to have a fair amount of time spent under my attention I spose. Shrimp'll always be 'PiB property' to me, though. :)

    Well, I look forward to seeing who converts who--if that's how things work out. I won't make the mistake of making too many expectations. ;)

    I think I'm actually gonna load up my game in a few minutes, once I'm done eating. The hubby's working nights this week, so I've been staying up while he's out just to get stuff done. XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Journey of the Sorceror = Eagles Instrumental, in my mind. Eagles = one of my favorite bands. Finally got to go see them a while back when they were in our area. Awesomeness. And so is this update.
    I do find it hard to see Shrimp as an evil overlord. :) This is going to be verrrrrry interesting. Evilness wearing a spongebob tee and fish undies. :D
    Travis and Cassidy did very well. Tania is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I do find it hard to see Shrimp as an evil overlord. :)"

    Lol... I have feeling that's going to change, at least after *one* of our stories. ;)

    Still, spongebob Tee =/= evil. That, or his mum bought them for him. Mom's have all sorts of influence on their kids! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. True enough Kaleeko. I can get very attached to the Sims in my hood that bring themselves to my attention. That the Shrimp in his native hood is just a sweet Sim, happily married with a toddler makes his evil clone more entertaining. :)

    Good luck getting snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And Dee gets the new title theme in one! Yes, it is the Eagles song - I'm sure that Desperado will feature sometime before the end. This song is forever in my mind as the theme for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I own and love the album.

    He grew up into the sponge tee and fish undies by his very own self. When they can afford it, he's getting the other Lord Sponge stuff I downloaded. :) Evil overload fan boy - he'll make worshiping Lord Sponge a requirement some day. LOL

    I do agree, Travis and Cassidy did very well. All three kids were quite good looking but Tania was useful just now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, so there will be evil Shrimps in two different games?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually don't really have an idea where I want to take this yet. So Shrimpy might be an evil overlord by the end but he might not.

    I do need to drop some more girls in to be fans of the band and so Shrimp can practice his seduction techniques. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dee - the Shrimp's official traits - Evil, Adventurous, Artistic, Easily Impressed, Party Animal

    So we both seem to be exercising the Evil part, and I don't know about Kaleeko but mine is using Party Animal to mask the Evil. :) He's already wanted to be in a bar brawl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, LOL at making worshiping Lord Sponge a requirement.
    I can definitely see him as a party animal with groupies everywhere. I will have to get used to the evil part.

    ReplyDelete
  19. !!! I do know that song, then! I had no idea what it was called--but I've seen that movie a gazillion times. I love that book. :)

    I can't say much about my Shrimp clone. He'll speak for himself soon enough. ;) He's definitely not the sweet, innocent thang the original is though!

    I can definitely see him being a band-mate, though, and definitely as a drummer. lol... We seem to have a thing for red-heads on drums lately, eh PiB?

    ReplyDelete
  20. :) I hope the movie used the same music. I heard the radio version which *definitely* did.

    Not sure the original Shrimp is *innocent* but he did marry and settle with a baby damned quick which marks him as pretty sweet. :)

    Damn, tons of red head drummers. I had Travis in Sam's band, you have Gwen for Amelia, now Shrimp is a drummer.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread