20 March 2011

Hotel California (Jerod's First Tale - Part 9)

While I left Ginger pondering how to tackle the payroll at City Hall, Sinbad and I went to scope out the real target.

Ginger did well with choice of car. This one blends in with other cars around town, but it goes fairly well when you put your foot down.

Luckily, during the week, you can take athletic classes in the stadium. Sinbad and I went ahead and brushed up our athletics then we had a chance to have a really good look around.  We had a careful look at the ticket office, the stadium itself, various store rooms.



Fortunately, the ticket office is off to one side, out of view of the stadium seats. That is supposed to keep people from being able to see the game without forking out cash but it should serve our purposes well.

"So, Boss, what's the plan?"

"My plan is simple. You and I go in as hired security goons for the evening. Marta keeps watch outside and prevents any real security guys from entering."

"Marta might have to handle a couple of guys on her own?"

"We have the company name of that usually does the security, a phone call canceling for the night should suffice but Marta is the backup plan. Did you spot any security cameras?"

"No."

"Neither did I. They are either remarkably well concealed or there are none." Hmm, I also didn't see a security office. "See if you can lay your hands on the blueprints. Let's double check there are no surpirses."

"Right, Boss." Sweet, I like being boss.

The plans are laid, what better time to do another thing I do well. Hatch another plot.

This plot was much simpler.

Have a party and get some kick ass fun going. I invited some of the other members of the Company over.

Ted invited one of his romantic interests, Gala Ball.

There was plenty of food, dancing and general entertainment.

I got to try out some new dance moves. All too soon, most of us had to head off to work for the night. In the end, it wasn't a truly kickass party but everyone left pretty happy.

Obviously I need to get some more practice at this. A victory party after the heist should be good.

--------

Sinbad wasn't kidding that Ginger has a lot of lovers. He has Lolly Racket and some elder called Renee along with Gala Ball on the hop.

Seeing Ted with Lolly reminded me of something I left unfinished.

I arranged to meet up with Lolly's dad, my ex-boss Dennis.

"Hey, Dennis, any hard feelings?" God, what the hell happened to him? He aged badly.

"No, not now. It was different when I first got back. When I found I had no job along with that hole in my bank account." He shook his head. "But in the end, I realised it was my own fault. Never trust your coworkers in the Company. It's the first rule. I really should have been more suspicious when you wanted to travel with me."

I nodded. You should be careful who you trust and why.

"God though, did you have to make it that fucking hard to get back? No money, no id, no phone."

"Nothing personal, just wanted to have time to settle things before you could stir up trouble for me." I paused. "I have your position in the Company now."

"It's far too late for me to stir up trouble since the Company gave me the boot before I got back. And I'd heard you've been promoted up. Devious, determined and cute." He eyed me a bit speculatively. "Though I've heard that you might have other problems. Good luck running this town."

Blondie is gone, it's time for me to move on. When I have time,  I meet other women around town. Marta and I have been getting closer with the planning sessions for the heist.

She has some of the fastest hands I've ever seen, or failed to see. She can relieve a man of his watch, wallet and spare change before he has even blinked.

"No, your technique is all wrong, Shrimp. You have to distract your target more."

"Sweetie, I'll never be able to distract them as well as you do."

She laughed, "Just choose targets that you can distract. I have an obvious advantage with most of the guys in town. I'll bet you could bat those pretty eyes at most girls and they wouldn't notice if you stole their bras from under their shirts."

I've discovered it's remarkably hard to sleep alone after you get used to company in your bed. Without Blondie, I'm just not sleeping well.

I have to nap during the afternoon to catch up. Or risk zoning out in the Warehouse and that would be unsafe for everyone.

-----

Red Rendezvous offered our band our first official gig. It's also the first time I've seen Tania since she stormed out of the house.

Because this was an official gig, we took things far more seriously. We all spent some time tuning our instruments.

Tania looks pretty intense when she tunes. Then again, a sour note on the guitar could ruin everything.

MJ had an easier time of it with that piano. She tested but electric keyboards don't usually go off pitch.

Finally, the instruments were tuned, the band was ready to rock this town out.

Or at least try to.

We pulled together like we've never done before to give our best performance.

At the start, it wasn't the largest crowd. Reed and Lakshmi North came. So did the newlyweds, Star and Cassidy Matlock. I think the Matlocks came to celebrate their marriage - I'd heard that they married earlier in the day.

As we played and word got out that there was a live band today, the dance floor filled with patrons. Some were dancing, others just tapping their feet but they all looked pretty happy.

We finished the set and I looked around to talk to Tania.

Damned Blondie had bolted from the place already. MJ told me that Tania said she needed to dash to work.

"Hey Red, that was a good set."

"Thanks Trey. Does that mean we might get another gig soon?"

"We'll have to see. Here's 550 for the day though."

I hope we do get more gigs. It was a lot of fun to get up there and play for the crowd. We'd probably make better cash just busking for the people. There is something about it being an official gig that makes it far cooler.

-----

Tomorrow is our big heist. My first real plan for the Company.

We checked the blueprints. No sign of a security office, our town must be too small for one. I was worried if there was a security office, there might be live feed cameras. It looks like we are good to go.

7 comments:

  1. Had to cut this in half - my original plan was getting too long.

    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! Love the chapter, anyways. Oh, and I bet Ginger will mess everyone up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, poor Ted... Not. He seems to be picking up the ladies alright somehow, so he's not *terribly* worse off. I just find it amusing he's left out of everything. ;D I hope it doesn't end up being their downfall!

    Jerod's got things pretty well under control, though. And interesting to see that Dennis doesn't have too many hard feelings--why am I still suspicious of him?! Hmmm.

    Great party to be had. :D And awww @ Tania. Bet it's tough on little ol' shrimp to be around her when things between them are still rough. I wonder if things between them will smooth over before the end...

    Can't wait to see how the heist goes! Bwwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alantoad.

    And thanks Kaleeko. when it comes to girls, Ted is doing fine. When it comes to winning the trust of his colleagues it's not so good.

    I don't know why you are suspicious of Dennis. Unless he once caused trouble for your Jeb - entirely possible - in one Sam story Dennis was the master thief.

    As for the rest, 'fraid you'll have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... does he miss Tania as a lover?

    Well, it seems that everything is going well for him. And oh, Dennis Racket! It seems that he has no hard feelings for him.

    Marta!!! I miss her.

    :D M.J. is quite funny there. It's good to see that Dee & Chrysame's sims are there. I miss Reed and Lakshmi as well.

    Shrimps is doing okay, with his plan and the girls, but it seems he still only has Tania on his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to see his big plan for the company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey MJ

    Shrimp waited for Dennis to have plenty of time to cool off. And even Dennis had to admit that he should have been more on his guard...

    Quite a few of the old Sims are around, but only a few are in Jerod's immediate circle.

    MJ married one of the local townie guys last night.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread