05 March 2011

One of These Nights (Jerod's First Tale - Part 5)

Well, it took a couple of days of paperwork but I got the documents I need to travel overseas. I let Dennis know and the tickets for the trip arrived later in the day. There was a note with the tickets. It simply said, "You promised to be good."

Getting the tickets was nice. Very nice indeed. I love it when an evil plan comes together. I did promise to be good, Mr Racket, however I don't think you noticed the except clause.

I was getting ready to meet up with Tania at the Red Rendezvous. It seems to be 'our' place and I couldn't possibly go away without letting her know.

"Hey Sweetie, I'm going away for a few days."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's sort of work related."

"How long and where?"

"Only a few days, and um," I thought about it. Truth or lie?  Lie, she might tell someone that I was overseas. I don't want a soul to know that I was anywhere near Egypt. "China. Just a little bit of business in China. Nothing big, just being a courier for a special package."

"Wow, that's great."

"So, you know, don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm away."

"What would you do with yourself if I left?"

"Let's see. Booze, dance, brawl, play drums and date at least half a dozen women."

"You silly. You wouldn't date women behind my back."

"Tania, I'm really not the guy you must think I am. Cause I totally would. You need to get out more and meet a nice guy."

"If you'd date other women, why haven't I heard about it yet?"

"Too busy boozing, dancing, playing drums and brawling to date around. It's on my to-do list."

"Come on Shrimp. Stop exaggerating and tell the truth."

I must be getting truly fond of this chick. Because I don't want to hide from her any more. I want her to know that I have an evil side. "Seriously, Tan, when I get back from this trip, we should talk." 


"I'll miss you heaps while you're gone."

"It's not for long, Sweetie. I'll be back before you know what happened."

-----

It was a long flight but we are finally here.

Egypt, land of mystery and monuments. Dennis tried but failed to get a hotel. Apparently, the company prefers to do business in tiny towns at the edge of the map. Campsites are the only accommodation available.

Looks a bit primitive but there is eating facilities, cheap tents and

Oh yes, a bar. Thank god, I know I'm going to need a few stiff drinks.

 My new outfit, courtesy of some of Dennis's travel money.

"No wonder you're called Shrimpy. When was the last time you had a decent meal? Last month?"

"Den, that leather jacket is going to kill you in this heat."

"I'll risk it. Better that then exposing the legs to too much sun."

We went over to the town centre. Dennis wanted to buy a few things before we went off and did the tourist stuff for the morning.



Dennis finished his transactions and we did a bit of sightseeing. First was the sphinx.

God, it's huge. It isn't until you walk between the paws that you get a true appreciation of the scale.

"Are you happy, pretty boy?"

"It's pretty amazing to be here, Den" I let him grab my hands. "Did you tell anyone that you had a companion on this trip."

"I've told no one that I was paying for a second ticket. You?"

"No one in Twinbrook knows that I'm spending the time here with you." Thank god for that.

Yes, this time, I let him touch my face.

"Shrimpy, you are a good boy, aren't you?"

"I did promise, Den. And you did buy the tickets."

Our next stop was the Great Pyramid. Again, the scale was unbelievable. Even the entrance made you feel quite insignificant.

Since there was no one around, Dennis decided he wanted a hug. I was very happy to cooperate with that.

He was satisfied with the hug and I was satisfied that I got his wallet and travel documents. Score, he had 9,000 in cash with him. I could do a lot with that kind of money.


Here I was, at the Great Pyramid. Who knows when an opportunity like this may come up again. I really wanted to get in there. See the interior of this amazing place.

It took some time but I eventually found a switch that activated the door.

I made it in.

Woah, from the number of skeletons, getting out again was tricky at some point. I didn't wander far, I wasn't prepared to seriously explore a place like that.

Dennis only had the morning for touring. He had appointments all afternoon to keep him busy with company business. That was fine by me, I had a few things to take care of.

I had the names of a few useful contacts in the town. I was given the names via a few old friends of mine that were once in the business.

"I was wondering if you knew some people who might be willing to ... help .. me for a price."

"What sort of help?"

"Well, I'm setting up a joke. I need some men to take my friend to a tomb well away from town and leave him there."

"That could prove fatal. Fatal is expensive."

"I'll pay for a cache of food and water too. Enough for a week. That way, there shouldn't be a fatality."

"A week? Ok, I know some men that would be willing to arrange that. But it won't be cheap."

"Of course not. You have to arrange transport, the supplies, etc. Would a thousand simoleons serve?"

"That would be an insult to my people. Three thousand simoleons and not a cent less."

"I offer two thousand."

"Done."

I smiled to myself. Two thousand to remove Dennis from the scene and it will be his cash that pays for it. Such a sweet deal.

My second contact was equally important.

"I understand that you run the department that issues new papers for travelers who have lost their current ones?"

"Yes, that is my job."

"I was wondering if I could persuade you to delay issuing papers to a friend of mine. His wife wants to plan a surprise and she needs several weeks to get the workmen around to finish off the new home extension she's planning."

"Sir, my job is to provide replacements promptly and efficiently."

"Perhaps 500 would convince you to lose the paperwork for awhile?"

"Make it 1000 and I shall lose the paperwork twice over for you."

"Excellent. Here are the full details of my friend." I gave her his name, address, next of kin, etc. Dennis will get back to town, eventually, only to find it very difficult to replace his stolen documents. 

Tonight. The guys will be by tonight. I'll need to get things ready for them.

12 comments:

  1. I love it when a plan comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I angiebeno. And so does Shrimp. He's quite pleased with himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jerod and his evil plans! Or was it an attempt to escape the advances from Dennis? Both are ways for the rise of the new Evil Emperor! Jerod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how he's slowly really in love with Tania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey MJ,

    It's all part of Jerod's plan to keep Dennis well away from him for good. :)

    Yes, I'm afraid that the evil Shrimp is slowly coming to the conclusion that he's fond of Tania. He's not sure what to do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha. XD Oh dear.

    Well, first off: Shrimp, don't doooo iittt... I can't imagine telling Tania that you're evil is going to jive with her good side. Maybe she'll accept it, but... Well, who knows. I'll be very surprised if she does though. It's sweet to see he actually trusts her, though.

    But lookit you, Jerod! Sneaky little shrimp! Nipped his wallet, and used all the money in it to make sure that any attempts he makes to get back to Twinbrook are absolutely miserable.

    Now we just need to find out what Jerod's going to get up to in the meantime... *chin tap*

    Great post, PiB. Everything's falling into place, and looks like Jerod really does have everything in control. For now, at least! Teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll have to see what Shrimp decides to do once he gets home. He doesn't entirely trust her - thus China instead of Egypt as the destination.

    Sneaky pick-pocketing Jerod. Evil boy using Dennis's money to make Dennis miserable. That worked out very well for him.

    One thing is very certain. With the things Jerod put in place, Dennis will miss the event he wanted to bring Jerod to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Alantoad! 'Preciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hello, somebody looks familiar! It's Shrimp! :)

    Al Simhara is my favorite of the WA towns, by far. Lovely story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is indeed Shrimp. I knew he was due to appear sometime soon in Kaleeko's story but I had a sudden need to create a story with him. So he appeared here then DS within a few days of each other.

    Which was a very odd coincidence since we had colliding redheads before - I posted about a town stylist and gigolo Thomas Leman, then she posted about ex-crim and daddy to a couple of important Sims Thomas Leman.

    Welcome to the short story blog. This one doesn't take nearly the mental effort to catch up with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread