09 October 2010

Update on our Lives from Thomas

Warning - nude Sim alert. Open with caution. If you are new to this blog - these characters were introduced as orphans in the first story.

Sam likes sculpting sans garments. He claims it's more inspiring that way.

Well, it is inspiring sight from this angle. I'm not sure how it inspires Sam but neither AJ nor I will complain.

I finally picked a career of interior design. It will let me get around, visit people and their homes. And make this town a prettier place one house at a time.

So I'm alternating between practicing drawing and researching design. I need a lot of skill to make the clients really happy.

AJ spends a lot of time out fishing. She's selling most of the fish but a few make the dinner table - or would if we could afford a dinner table.

One of my first jobs and the client is Kelly. She wanted a nursery added to the house...hmm...she doesn't look like she needs one but who knows?

AJ seemed remarkably pleased by her latest painting. It's different, I'll grant you that.

Sam decided to try his first ice sculpture. Actually, the first thing he did was try licking the ice and had his tongue stuck for a couple of minutes. Fortunately, it did eventually unstick.

Our relationships are all still strong. Hard to believe that our family of three is working out so well.

Soon to be a family of 4. We've refinished the downstairs, added a crib and a few other necessities for a baby/toddler.

We do swap beds and sleeping partners sometimes. No reason to make one of us always sleep alone.


Sam's first ice sculpture is a real beauty.

Sam had a chat to me about his want to adopt a child. He's happy as anything about the baby that AJ is carrying but he wants to help another get out of the orphanage.

I was worried. We really live on a thin margin. It's getting better as we learn more. Still cash is not plentiful.

Sam persuaded me that it's the right thing to do. Sigh, he is still my hero. Just as much as he was the day we met. If anyone can make it work, it will be Sam.

AJ and I better enjoy the view while we can. I expect that nudie sculpting will be a thing of the past when there are children here.

Sam finished his latest work and then rang the orphanage.

And so Seth Grant joins our little family. His paperwork says he's Sam's son since Sam made the call. AJ and I will be there too, he's joining our whole family.

The kid made a beeline to Sam to thank him.  Of course, we all remember the orphanage too well. Getting out early was the happiest day of my life.

There's a new bed downstairs not far from the crib for Seth. And we still have a little money for emergencies. As long as they are small emergencies. I still worry about the money.


He's learning painting with us first. AJ hopes to take him fishing soon after the baby is born.

Sam seems to be inspired by the idea of a baby.



Andrew Anderson, my son with AJ, the second boy in our home.

7 comments:

  1. I was quite surprised when I opened this blog :D Maybe by sculpting with nothing to wear brings lots of inspiration for our fellow - Sam. I've never seen that painting before. It was so funny to read that Sam did the silly thing by licking the ice and got stuck on it. Wow, AJ's pregnancy really inspired Sam, even though it wasn't his baby.

    You commented earlier in my blog that my sims have deep relationships, but not as deep as you have in this blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always planned to visit them from time to time. Now was one of them. :)

    I wish I had realised what was going on when Sam's tongue was stuck on the ice. I missed a great pic there!

    It's interesting trying to balance the romance between the three of them. So much trickier than a normal relationship.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there Sammy. :D It's a good thing only his tongue got stuck. :D Sculpting sans clothes could be a little dangerous.

    Awww, another one saved from the orphanage and he's a cutie.

    Welcome to freedom Seth and welcome to Simland Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blowtorch and naked Sammy is a little concerning. :P

    Nice to see them one more time before you jet off on holiday.

    Seth is a very lucky sim to have been adopted by such a caring family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Well, sculpting sans clothes is probably a thing of the past since there are two children in the house. So far, Sammy has come to no harm doing it.

    Seth does look like a handsome little chap. It will be approximately forever before we see how he grows up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My conclusion: the Sims needs king-sized beds that can fit 3 people. End of story.

    I'm with Chrysame... Naked blowtorching? Is he insane? Or just... On the wild side? *eyebrowwaggle*

    It's really rounding out to be a nice little family now... I'm glad they adopted a little boy, it's so sweet. One of these days, I need to use the adopt feature in the game... Still haven't yet.

    Also... Yes, Sam is very sexy. ;D However, I'm not sure my husband agrees. He looked at me looking at this blog veeeerrry strangely. *laugh!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kaleeko, I'm sure that Sam, AJ and Thomas would agree with you about that. They'd love to share one bed.

    Sammy is perfectly sane, but his controller may not be. LOL.

    I've always known that they'd adopt at least once. It's the best way to get another child out of the orphanage.

    My husband has yet to look at any of my blogs. I have no idea what he'd make of this one.

    BTW - http://www.imdb.com/media/rm87133952/nm0272479 the actor I recently saw that reminds me greatly of Thomas.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Please say so. Or drop a line on the Forum thread